Sunday, April 5, 2020

Adla's Potato Soup

Potato Soup:
1 or 2 ribs of celery chopped fine
1-2 onions (1 if large, 2 if small) chopped

Garlic - you decide. I like enough to know it’s there
2-3 good sized russets or 3-5 smaller ones ( you can use goldens but I like russets best) peeled, chopped, and set aside
Roast 1-2 hatch chilis, peel and chop
At this point I add oil or butter or vegan butter to my instant pot and I sweat the onions and celery—just don’t use an oil that will interfere with the perfect flavor of potato. When the onion and celery are cooked down, I add the garlic and green chili. You can add salt now but that’s up to you. You decide, but it’s going to need salt. After about a minute, I add the potatoes and then only enough WATER to cover the potatoes. Do not use broth, period. Or just unfriend me. Mmkay. I am at 4700 ft so I cook on high pressure 13-17 minutes. Don’t try to quick release, it’s a mess. I usually break the seal barely and let it release slow. While the pot is releasing pressure, put a handful of raw cashews in a vitamix OR use cream or silken tofu or milk. But your only adding enough to take up the fat you used to sweat the veggies. You could even make a roux and use flour to thicken your soup. Once the soup comes together from whatever thickening/cream agent you use, add frozen sweet white corn and salt and white pepper. White pepper is not optional. Gotta be. After the corn is just warm, try not to eat the whole pot, I dare you.

No comments: