Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleau Casserole

I'm going to try this someday.  Recipe from Carol Cook.

Dice cooked chicken and ham, add 1 C cheese (cheddar or swiss) and put in bottom of baking dish.  (I used about 3 C ham and 2 cups chicken - use whatever you like more) Then set aside.

Saute 2 TBSP onion in 1/4 cup butter then add 1/3 C flour to make a paste.  Gradually add 2 C milk stirring constantly.  Boil for 1 minute.  Add 1 t dill weed and 1/8 t mustard then pour over meat mixture.

Mix 1 C bread crumbs, 1/4 t dill weed,  2 T butter, and 1/4 cup cheese together.  Then put on top of dish.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350. 

Hope this makes sense - let me know if something is confusing :) I thought it had a little to much onion so you might want to change according to what your family likes. I questioned the dill but it added ALOT and I am glad I put it is!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was really good. My kids loved it!
-Tenisha Freston

Carrie said...

Delicious! I just make it with chicken breasts and put a slice of ham and slice of swiss on each.